This insulation product consists of 1 layer of 5/32" (4mm) polyethylene bubble that is sandwiched between two metalized, low emissivity surfaces. The R-value ranges from 4.9 to 14.1 (see "Technical Data" tab below). The polyethylene encapsulated air bubbles serve as an effective thermal break as well as a vapor barrier while the two outer metalized surfaces reflect up to 96% of all radiant energy.
· Metal Building Insulation: Ever wonder why it's so hot and wet inside a metal building in the summer and so cold and wet in winter?
· Poultry House Insulation: A little known natural phenomenon called the "black-globe effect" has a pronounced stress factor relating to the cost efficiency (or inefficiency) of weight gain in meat producing animals and birds.
· Roof Insulation: Because heat rises, you'll have more winter heat loss through your through your walls.
· Wall Insulation: Radiation accounts for 65-85 percent of all heat transfer through walls.
· Air Duct Insulation: 10 to 30 percent of the energy used to heat and cool the air is lost to conduction through the duct surfaces.
Substantial noise reduction
Aluminum foil vapor control barrier